Christmas Almond Cookies
Dec 10, 2014 12:10:03 PM
- Preheat oven to 325°F with rack in center. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt into a small bowl. Set aside.
- Chop Superfood Lab Shelled Whole Raw Almonds finely.
- Combine Almonds, butter and 1/2 cup of the sugar in mixing bowl. Beat on high speed for 3 minutes, or until soft and fluffy.
- Add egg whites and vanilla. Beat until well mixed.
- Mix in flour mixture on low speed until just incorporated.
- With a tablespoon or small ice cream scoop, scoop enough dough to form a 1-inch ball.
- Roll dough between palms to make balls. Roll balls in remaining 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Place balls on prepared baking sheets, leaving 2 inches between for spreading.
- Firmly press an almond on top of each cookie.
- Bake for 15 – 17 minutes or until bottoms are light golden. Remove from pans and cool on wire racks.