A fun and healthy idea to create a homemade hashbrown for kids or even your whole family.
Getting kids to eat healthy sometimes can be a daunting task for parents, this is a good way to incorpate health with yumminess!
1. Soak quinoa in water for 30 minutes upon cooking. (Soaking takes away the bitterness from quinoa)
2. After soaking, rinse and drain the quinoa under clear tap water.
3. Add quinoa with water and bring it to boil. Take out and set aside when cooked.
4. Use a food processor to make thin potato slices. If you don’t have a food processor, you can use a grater.
5. Use a mixing bowl, mix quinoa, potato slices, egg, black pepper, himalayan pink sea salt.
6. Heat up the pan with coconut oil then cook the quinoa is a round mold. (If you don’t have a mold at home, simply use a spatula to shape the mixture into your preferred shape)
7. Serve when both sides of the hashbrown turn golden brown.