Crepes ala mode CAKE!
Dec 02,2019 05:54:24 PM
Are you ready to create some delicious crepes cake for the Sunday brunch this weekend? I know we are! It’s very simple and easy!
For the Crepe Cake:
6 tablespoons Cocoa Butter
6 large eggs
3 cups whole milk
1 1/2 cups wheat flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon Superfood Lab Pink Himalayan salt
For Chocolate Glaze:
1/2 cup half and half
2 tablespoons Superfood Lab cocoa powder
2 tablespoons Agave syrup
1/2 tablespoon Cocoa butter, at room temperature
4 ounces Superfood Lab Cocoa Powder
- In a blender, mix together the melted butter and eggs until emulsified. Add the flour, milk, sugar and salt, blending until smooth. Refrigerate mixture overnight.
- Heat a 8” to 9” non-stick pan over medium low-heat until hot. Butter the pan and add about ¼ cup crepe batter, swirling the pan to evenly coat the surface. Cook until the bottom just begins to brown, about 1 minute. Then flip and cook on the other side approximately 15 seconds. Remove crepe and place onto a baking sheet. Repeat cooking (adding more butter to the pan each time) until there are approximately 20-30 crepes.
For Chocolate Glaze & Assembly:
- In a medium saucepan, combine the half and half, cocoa powder, corn syrup and sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and add in the butter and chocolate, whisking until melted and the sauce is smooth; set aside.
- To assemble, place a crepe on a serving plate or cake stand. Using an offset spatula, evenly spread a thin layer of the filling over the crepe. Alternate layers of filling and crepes until all of the crepes have been used, ending with a crepe on top. Cover the cake and chill for approximately 4 hours, but not overnight.
- When ready to serve, pour or drizzle the chocolate glaze over the top of the crepe cake, letting it trickle down the sides of the cake. Slice and enjoy.
Mar 20,2021 11:11:02 PM
Jan 24,2021 05:49:16 PM
Dec 30,2020 04:33:11 AM
Oct 25,2020 10:24:13 PM
Sep 27,2020 07:06:52 PM