Quinoa Salad with Feta and Chia Seeds
Dec 03,2019 09:52:48 AM
If you haven’t tried Chia Seeds, they have a really nutty, toasty, sesame seed-ish flavor to them. A Quinoa Salad with Feta & Chia Seeds is a perfect way to start the year healthy and fresh straying away from the regular boring capreses & caesars…
Start by toasting the chia seeds in a dry pan, which will enhance their flavor…
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups quinoa
- 1/2 tsp Superfood Lab Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1/4 cup Superfood Lab Organic Chia Seeds
- 25 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup chopped kalamata olives (pitted)
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion (you can cook them if you like, to take the raw edge away)
- 1/4 cup loosely packed chopped mint (can also do oregano)
- 4 oz feta cheese crumbles
- 3 tbsp good quality olive oil
- 1 tbsp good quality vinegar (apple cider, sherry vinegar, etc)
- Bring the water to a boil, then add the quinoa and salt.
- Bring the quinoa back to a boil, then reduce the heat to hold a simmer, and cover the quinoa with a lid (preferably a glass one, so you can see what’s going on).
- Cook the quinoa at a simmer for 15-20 minutes, until all of the water has been absorbed.
- In a skillet over medium heat, toast the chia seeds for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until they brown slightly. Be careful not to let them burn.
- Fluff the quinoa with a fork, and add the chia seeds, cherry tomatoes, kalamata olives, red onion, mint, feta, olive oil, and vinegar.
- Give this a good stir, and taste, to determine if it needs more salt, pepper, or more oil or vinegar.
- Serve and enjoy!
Mar 20,2021 11:11:02 PM
Jan 24,2021 05:49:16 PM
Dec 30,2020 04:33:11 AM
Oct 25,2020 10:24:13 PM
Sep 27,2020 07:06:52 PM