Breadsticks with Dark Chocolate & Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
Dec 02,2019 05:30:03 PM
Pink Himalayan Salt is easy to just sprinkle on a savory dish, but how about making a baked scrumptious dish out of it, with dark chocolate chips? Invite some friends over and instead of serving boring store bought biscuits, serve up your home-made Bread sticks with Dark Chocolate & Pink Himalayan Salt. Watch them go from bitter to extra bitter sweet!
500 grams all-purpose flour
280 ml water
15 grams yeast (brewer’s)
50 grams olive oil
1 Tsp malted barley
250 grams dark chocolate chip (small)
Durum wheat flour
Olive oil (Additional, for brushing)
Superfood Lab Pink Himalayan Sea Salt (Additional)
- Place the flour in a bowl and make a well in the center.
- Place the water, yeast, Himalayan sea salt, olive oil, and the malted barley in the well and combine, kneading for 8 to 10 minutes. The dough should not be too soft.
- Add the chocolate chips and incorporate them into the dough (work quickly so the chocolate doesn’t melt), shape it into loaf, and roll it out into a rectangle measuring approximately 30 x 10 centimeters. Place the sheet of dough on a work surface floured with durum wheat flour, brush it with a generous amount of olive oil, then sprinkle it with more durum wheat flour, cover the dough and let it rise for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Use a large knife and cut the dough into strips from the short side, to a width of approximately 1/2 inch, then take each strip carefully from the center and roll it between your fingers to lengthen it.
- Sprinkle with the Himalayan sea salt.
- Place the breadsticks on a baking sheet leaving some space between each.
- Bake for approximately 18 to 20 minutes, until lightly golden.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and serve once the breadsticks have cooled.