500 grams all-purpose flour
280 ml water
15 grams yeast (brewer’s)
8 grams Superfood Lab Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
50 grams olive oil
1 Tsp malted barley
250 grams dark chocolate chip (small)
Durum wheat flour
Olive oil (Additional, for brushing)
Superfood Lab Pink Himalayan Sea Salt (Additional)
- Place the flour in a bowl and make a well in the center.
- Place the water, yeast, Himalayan sea salt, olive oil, and the malted barley in the well and combine, kneading for 8 to 10 minutes. The dough should not be too soft.
- Add the chocolate chips and incorporate them into the dough (work quickly so the chocolate doesn’t melt), shape it into loaf, and roll it out into a rectangle measuring approximately 30 x 10 centimeters. Place the sheet of dough on a work surface floured with durum wheat flour, brush it with a generous amount of olive oil, then sprinkle it with more durum wheat flour, cover the dough and let it rise for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Use a large knife and cut the dough into strips from the short side, to a width of approximately 1/2 inch, then take each strip carefully from the center and roll it between your fingers to lengthen it.
- Sprinkle with the Himalayan sea salt.
- Place the breadsticks on a baking sheet leaving some space between each.
- Bake for approximately 18 to 20 minutes, until lightly golden.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and serve once the breadsticks have cooled.