For the Crepe Cake:
6 tablespoons Cocoa Butter
6 large eggs
3 cups whole milk
1 1/2 cups wheat flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon Superfood Lab Pink Himalayan salt
For Chocolate Glaze:
1/2 cup half and half
2 tablespoons Superfood Lab cocoa powder
2 tablespoons Agave syrup
1/2 tablespoon Cocoa butter, at room temperature
4 ounces Superfood Lab Cocoa Powder
- In a blender, mix together the melted butter and eggs until emulsified. Add the flour, milk, sugar and salt, blending until smooth. Refrigerate mixture overnight.
- Heat a 8” to 9” non-stick pan over medium low-heat until hot. Butter the pan and add about ¼ cup crepe batter, swirling the pan to evenly coat the surface. Cook until the bottom just begins to brown, about 1 minute. Then flip and cook on the other side approximately 15 seconds. Remove crepe and place onto a baking sheet. Repeat cooking (adding more butter to the pan each time) until there are approximately 20-30 crepes.
For Chocolate Glaze & Assembly:
- In a medium saucepan, combine the half and half, cocoa powder, corn syrup and sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and add in the butter and chocolate, whisking until melted and the sauce is smooth; set aside.
- To assemble, place a crepe on a serving plate or cake stand. Using an offset spatula, evenly spread a thin layer of the filling over the crepe. Alternate layers of filling and crepes until all of the crepes have been used, ending with a crepe on top. Cover the cake and chill for approximately 4 hours, but not overnight.
- When ready to serve, pour or drizzle the chocolate glaze over the top of the crepe cake, letting it trickle down the sides of the cake. Slice and enjoy.