Activate your day with a tasty handful of Sunflower Seeds. Loaded with protein, fatty acids, vitamins and minerals, place these delicious, nutty and crunchy seeds among the most nutrient-dense nuts and seeds. The seeds are especially rich in magnesium, which plays an important role in bone mineralization, as well as regulation of skeletal muscle activities.
- Contains incredible sources of health-benefiting nutrients, minerals, antioxidants and vitamins
- Consume a hand full of sunflower seeds provides much of the recommended level of phenolic anti-oxidants, minerals, vitamins, and protein
Suggested Use: Can be eaten as snack or used in recipes. They make an excellent addition to breads, cookies, salads and more.
Possible Health Benefits:
- Building blocks of body tissue and muscle
- Reduce muscle pain after workout
- Strengthen bones and teeth
- Speed recovery of infection
- Boost immunity
- Supports a healthy heart
- Good for skin health, prevents dry scaly skin and eczema
It is rich in protein, taking 1 tablespoon is the amount of protein in 1 small egg. Supplementing the diet with plant protein is especially important for vegetarians.
Its rich phosphorus content supplying 230mg in 1 tablespoon, reaching 30% of the daily recommended intake, is involved in energy release and cell metabolism.
Its zinc content is very high, supplying 1.5mg in 1 tablespoon, which is 3 times the amount compared to 1 ounce of meat, good for body immunity
Good source of unsaturated fatty acids, like polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fatty acids which is full of essential fatty acids