Sweet, Salty, Spicy Party Nuts
Dec 03,2019 10:03:43 AM
Forgot the boring party trail mixes and just a box of nuts, why not get your guests talking with a mix of sweet,
salty, spicy party nuts hot straight from the kitchen?
Original recipe makes 4 cups
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup untoasted Superfood Whole Shelled Walnut (raw) halves
- 1 cup untoasted Superfood Whole Shelled Raw pecan halves
- 1 cup unsalted, dry roasted Superfood Whole Shelled almonds
- 1 cup unsalted, dry roasted Superfood Whole Shelled cashews
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Combine walnut halves, pecan halves, almonds, and cashews in a large bowl. Add salt, black pepper, cumin, and cayenne pepper; toss to coat.
- Heat sugar, water, and butter in a small saucepan over medium heat until the butter is melted. Cook for 1 minute and remove from heat. Slowly pour butter mixture over the bowl of nuts and stir to coat.
- Transfer nuts to the prepared baking sheet and spread into a single layer.
- Bake nuts in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Stir nuts until the warm syrup coats every nut. Spread into a single layer, return to the oven, and bake until nuts are sticky and roasted, about 6 minutes.
Allow to cool before serving.